Thursday, November 13, 2008

Circle of Friends and other things






Last year they started this very cool club at WRHS, called Circle of Friends. The club is develops special friendships between teens with special needs and the "normal" teens. It's been a huge success with over 100 kids showing up at the first club meeting.




They go to activities together, work concession stands to earn money, have parties along with numerous other activities.




Tonight was "game night" and the kids met in the gym and played a variety of different games from basketball, to board games. There was even a "hot" game of Texas Holdem going on.
Here are a few of the pictures, of the afternoon.




I substitued today in one of my favorite classes. It was a nice and easy day. I finally finished my power point presentation that I will be giving tomorrow at the State Middle School Conference. The title is "Special Children, Challenged Parents". Say a pray that I okay.. It's been a long time since I have been up speaking in front of my peers.

1 comment:

slbair said...

Okay, I figured since you are now doing a blog that you needed a comment. I made it back from my travels and finally got on line to check this out. I love the pictures. It's good to see Alex and Ryan and to "meet" Joe. I'm sure you will do fine with your speech tomorrow but good luck just in case.